A stunning Lake side house overlooking the majestic Lake Como which sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms and bathrooms.
The surrounding views of the Lake and mountains are magnificent, the effect is both serene and startling. The house has been restored beautifully with a combination of historic and modern elements in a way that enhances the innate beauty of each by virtue of its contrast with the other. The house is very private and surrounded by conservation land, wood and rocks. The house is complemented by dramatic pieces of modern art and large glazed windows.
The property stands atop a mountain near the village of Torno in a completely secluded position. The house works perfectly for a couple on a romantic break or for a family. Within 5km of Lake Como it is possible to both drive and motor around the Lake.
There is a compact kitchen, making it just as easy to eat in the garden as in the Lake view dining room. In winter there are two fireplaces as well as underfloor heating throughout.
- Main entrance leads to stairs
- Small entrance hall
- Open plan sitting room and dining room for up to 8 seated guests with sliding glass doors that lead out onto an adjoining terrace and a breathless lake view.
- Stairs leading to the basement – a stunning room built into the rocks with a sauna, bedroom and bathroom
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Master bedroom “romantica” with double bed and en-suite bathroom, Second bedroom “cava” with double bed. and remaining bedroom “tramonto” which can be prepared either with twin beds or double bed. Bedrooms ‘cava’ and ‘tramonto’ share a bathroom
- In the basement there is at guest’s disposal a relax area with a unique bio sauna, located among the local rocks found during the restoration works. The bio sauna permits to adjust the percentage of humidity, choosing to have a typical hard dry finnish sauna or a turkish bath
- Bedroom with en-suite bathroom “rocce” which can be prepared either with twin beds or double bed
- Enjoy the outdoor terrace spa with Jacuzzi Softub for 4 people, hot/ cold water shower and relaxation area. The Jacuzzi Softub is not available during winter season
- 3,000 square meters of lush gardens
ACCESS & CHILDREN
- A 4×4 car is strongly suggested or at least a car with automatic transmission. A van is not suggested as it could cause problems in reaching the property.
Upon parking there is then a ramp of about 80 steps up to the house…..the pathway is very steep but the rewarding views are stunning. Luggage will be brought up to the house on guests’ behalf
- Children over the age of 12 are welcome. Safety is our paramount concern and for families with younger children the house is set on a mountain top so there are edges and steps that may not suitable for independently roaming children. Prior to booking please inform us of ages of children and we can advise suitability