A stunning Venetian townhouse located near the Biennale and Arsenale area of Venice which sleeps up to 12 in 6 formal bedrooms plus there is a spacious loft with 2 sofa beds.
The surrounding area is quiet and beautiful with pretty canal side and bridge views from all the windows. The house has 3 outdoor areas each looking out to a picture postcard Venice setting – indeed the stunning views around it have been immortalised in works by the painters Canaletto and Guardi.
The property stands beside a 16th century church designed by Palladio and a 15th century bell tower designed by Codussi and is a few minutes work from a spacious park with restored tea rooms. The house works perfectly for families as both the interior and extras spaces are expansive and serene. Within 10 minutes walk it is possible to reach a moor point and catch the public boat up the Grand Canal and into central Venice.
There are kitchens on three of the four floors, making it just as easy to eat in the garden as in the first-level dining room, up on the rooftop altana or on the grand terrace under a pergola laden with lilac wisteria. Afterwards, flop into the canvas butterfly chairs on the deck and look out to the lagoon in the hazy distance. Mosquito screens have been installed on all the windows so the shutters can be flung open at night and guests can wake to the sound of chiming church bells and gently lapping water.
- Main entrance leads to stairs and lift
- Small entrance hall
- Main kitchen: Viking gas stove, Bulthaup counter with induction hobs, Gaggenhau appliances
- Small restroom
- Stairs (four steps) leading to the Cavana (ancient covered shelter for boats) – a 1000 sq feet vaulted room for dining up to 50 people, conferences, meetings, dancing, music, cinema etc. The space is also accessible from the main entrance.
- Beyond the Cavana: a gym with shower; heated pool/hot tub (2×2 metres); small bathroom with walk-in shower.
- Doors open to garden and boat yard
- Staircase or lift access into dining/living area
- Dining room for up to 16 seated guests
- Large terrace for al fresco dinners for up to 20 guests under a wisteria pergola
- 2 living rooms
- 2 bedrooms, each with en suite bathrooms with walk-in shower
- Three French doors lead to terrace overlooking the water
- Further Fench door opening on a balcony overlooking the campo San Pietro with its church
- Master bedroom with additional single bed, en-suite bathroom with large tub and a small terrace overlooking Palladian church
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and Turkish bath
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite bathrooms with walk-in shower
- 1 twin bedroom with en-suite bathrooms with walk-in shower
- Access via lift or staircase
- Living space with sofabeds
- Stairs lead to fabulous roof terrace for romantic dinners overlooking the town
- Full air conditioning, window screening and Wi-Fi all over the house.